My Books!

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Saturday Sample


Today's excerpt comes from Rest Thy Head, and all I can say is ouch.

She cupped his ruined cheek in her palm. “I love you so much.”

“Don’t.”

Peyton winced as if he had slapped her. He sounded so cold! “Don’t what? Don’t love you? It’s too late for that.”

“That’s your problem, isn’t it?” He stood up and glared at her. “Leave me alone. I don’t want to marry you or be a part of your life in any way. Is it possible that you still don’t understand what I’ve said? We don’t have any kind of a future together. In fact, I’d appreciate it if you’d leave Rest Thy Head as soon as possible.”

He stalked out of the office and slammed the door behind him.

Blurb:
Running away from a fiancĂ© who betrayed her, Peyton O’Malley finds employment at a beautiful mountain inn called Rest Thy Head. She didn’t expect to live in the haunted room or to fall for the inn’s owner, a fire-scarred, war veteran who uses the inn to hide away from the world. She didn’t expect her sister to show up at Rest Thy Head either, much less her formidable mother. 

Now, thanks to the aid of a friendly ghost, Peyton has a shot at true love, and so does her sister Ashley, provided the guys cooperate of course! 


No comments:

Post a Comment